Europe Native ESL Teacher in Gran Canaria
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The role of a Busy Bee Academy English teacher is open to all graduates. We will also expect you to hold one of the following qualifications:
- Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA).
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CertTESOL).
- Young Learners (YL) Extension to CELTA.
- Teaching Young Learners Extension Certificate (TYLEC).
- Experience teaching childcare, Montessori or early childhood.
Candidates must be native level speakers authorised to work in the EU and provide us with a police criminal records check from both Spain and your home country.
Experience teaching the Cambridge syllabus to young learners and adults is desirable.
We have a number of posts available from working with Young Learners (aged 3+) to teenagers. All roles require:
- classroom management and basic administration
- planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
- preparing and setting tests, examination papers and graded exercises
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- devising and producing new materials, including audiovisual resources
- attending and contributing to training sessions
- participating in marketing events to promote the academy
- meetings with the management team and parents
- a friendly and confident manner
- good planning and organisational skills
- the ability to work under pressure
- flexibility and an adaptable teaching style
- creative skills and ideas for developing the syllabus with practical and interesting lessons
- excellent communication and listening skills
- sensitivity, tolerance and patience
- sufficient Spanish to provide feedback to clients or children’s parents
Salary and Working hours
Starting salaries vary depending on experience and further qualifications. Typically 20 contact hours per week, Monday to Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
At least 2 current references will be required.
How to apply
Send CV, cover letter and recent photo to:
subject: JOB APPLICATION BBA 2018